Recently, a friend of mine emailed me asking for ideas about discipling and training young men with a heart for God. I jotted down a few ideas for him that you might find helpful. Here are my thoughts:
- Be passionate and eat up with serving the Lord, and who you are will influence those around you.
- Take 1 or 2 of them with you whenever possible. Even if it seems like something silly, make up an excuse to have them go with you. Try to do very little alone.
- Before, during, and after services is a good time to spend time with them. Ask them to come early to pray for the service and to do a discipleship lesson. Tell them to stay afterward and you will discuss the message.
- Take them visiting and soul-winning, and go out for a Coke after the visit.
- Invite them over to your house and challenge them from God’s Word and answer questions.
- Schedule private time with preachers and missionaries when they can come and hear from them and ask them questions.
- Get them reading books and plan a time to discuss them together.
- Put together a Facebook page so they can discus with you what they are reading in their devotions, etc.
Let me know in the comment section if you have any other ideas the might be of help.