Chris and I had the privilege to preach a mission conference at Chelsea Community Baptist Church at the end of October. The goal of the conference was to stir up the church to get involved in local and overseas mission work. We preached on “What is missions?”, “Where is Missions?”, and “How can I be involved in missions?” You can listen to the audio on their sermon audio page here. We appreciate Pastor Stephen Silverson giving us the opportunity and all of our friends there at the church.
Monday through Thursday, myself, Chris, and James Wilson attended a ministry conference in Norwich put on by the FIEC. It was a blessing us to attend the conference as well as enjoy time fellowship and planning together with James and Chris. I am very excited about what God is doing at Northwest Baptist through James, and I look forward to all that God is going to do there.
We were encouraged to have two more first-time visitors to Downham Baptist this week. One lady came from just down the road. She attended on Tuesday night. Another gentleman came on Sunday night. He is the friend of a family in the church.
Saturday night, we held our second youth meeting. Please pray for this very important meeting. Right now, we have three young men coming, and we have several others that are prospects. We are also hoping to start a regular football time each week as a way to meet and reach young men with the gospel.
Things to pray for:
- Wisdom as we seek to follow up with, disciple and train the folks that God is sending to the church.
- Provision of finances for the new church plant.
- Details of our arrangements with London City Mission to use one of their vacant buildings for the church. We meet with them again on November 18th.
- Our fellow-labourers: Chris and Sherry Waye and Jessica Wachter.
- Blessings on our ministry to young people.