Moving Home: The month of January began with us doing something a bit unexpected – house-hunting. Our current lease comes to an end in March, and our landlord wanted to increase our rent. We have been wanting to move closer to the church in Downham, so we took this as our opportunity to do that. Thanks to God’s help, in just a few days, we were able to find a nice house about 1/2 mile from the church. We are exciting about living right in the community where we minister. We will move in March.
Renovating Church: Last weekend, we started renovating the main church hall. We began by removing a storage room at the back to create more space. Now, we are working on some other electrical and cosmetic walls at the front cover some of the wiring. We will be building a short platform, painting the walls, and putting in some new flooring. God has provided about £4000 for this project, and we are trying to make that go as far as possible. If you would like to help with the project, you can find out more here.
Reflecting on 2015: This past Sunday night, we had our church vision night and AGM. It was encouraging to reflect back on what God has done over the past year. Here are a few highlights from 2015:
- We had 165 first-time visitors.
- We gave out about 53,500 gospel leaflets and invitations.
- £11,708.23 came in through the church offerings.
- Our church gave £619 to world missions.
- The number of people who attend the church on a weekly basis increased from an average of 21/week in January 2015 to an average of 46/week in December 2015.
- We preached through the book of John, 1 John, Nehemiah, and half the books of Acts and 1 Timothy.