Teri and I have been overwhelmed at the kindness of all the churches we have visited since we have been back on furlough. We just finished an amazing missions conference at Harvest Baptist Church near Pittsburg, PA with Pastor Kurt Skelly. Several things made the conference amazing:
- They put tons of planning and effort into the conference.
- They involved their entire church in the conference.
- They continually emphasized that it was the most important meeting all year.
- They included their teenagers and Christian school young people.
- They did not put undue pressure on people, but graciously encourage them to do what they did because of a love for the Lord.
- The pastor and staff cleared their schedules to really spend time with the missionaries and get to know them.
- They have cultivated a heart for missions in their churches that is manifest in the lives and interest of the people in their church.
- They thought through every details of how to be a blessing to the missionaries, the missionary wives, and the children.
They were so kind to all of us, and we are so thankful for all that they did. I am excited to see how God is blessing those churches who put His mission first.