Our first Sunday (8 Feb) in our new building went very well. We had 34 people total with 8 first-time visitors. Some people from other churches came to support us and several came from the same street at the church. They were encouraged to see this building being opened back up for Christian work. Chris and I both preached in the service, and it was a very exciting time.
Wednesday night (11 Feb) was our first time to meet for our midweek service on Wednesday night (instead of Tuesday as before). We had another three visitors which were friends of those in the church.
On Friday, we took some teenagers who completing a four week Bible reading out for pizza. Please continue to pray for the work among the young people.
This past Sunday, (15 Feb), I was not in London, as Grant and I were back in Northern Ireland visiting with our friends there and ministering at Northwest Baptist Church, the church we planted in 2008. Pastor Stephen Silverson from Chelsea Baptist Church preached in Downham and there were 15 local people in attendance.
It was very encouraging to see the work in Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland going forward. God is using Pastor James Wilson in a great way there and has raised up a strong group of committed folks to help him. The Lord has blessed with several young men who are keen to learn and help out. Please continue to pray for the work in this very needy yet resistant area. If you would like to help out with some special projects there, you can find out more info here.
We are so grateful for all those who have given toward the costs of the new church plant. If you would like to give, we still need money for the following items:
$500/£315 – Church signs
- $750 – Audio/visual equipment
- $360 – 20,000 Easter invites
- $640 – Easter invite delivery
Things to pray for:
- Souls to be saved and lives changed by the gospel.
- Young men that we can disciple and train for the ministry
- Those who visited with us recently.
- Sunday school and morning service starting on 22 February
- Building dedication Sunday on 15 March
- Temporary support for James Wilson as he seeks to go full-time at Northwest Baptist. (One church committed to give $200/mon in 2015, $100/mon in 2016, and $50/mon in 2017!)
- Marriage and Ministry – article by Teri about marriage, ministry, submission, and love.
- God at Work in Barcelona – exciting news from missionary Scott Newton
- “Send Me, I’ll Go: Letting the Mission Choose Your Direction” – brand new book coming out on February 24th by Jacob Taube serving in Taiwan
- 10 Reasons We Still Have a Sunday Evening Service – great thoughts from Paul Chapel
- Why are we raising wimps? – helpful article by my brother Harley
- London Vision Tour 2015 – register soon if you want to join us this summer!