We had another busy but blessed week. Here is a brief overview:
- Building: We are still working on various things for the new building such as: signage, new literature with our new address, and other small repair jobs around the building. We had a great time at our workday on Saturday morning cleaning more. It has been so encouraging to see the commitment and hard work of the people who come to the church.
- Men’s and Ladies’ Fellowships: Wednesday night, we had our monthly divided men and ladies’s fellowships with Teri teaching a Bible study on the life of Eve to the women/girls and myself teaching a study on Adam to the men/boys.
- Youth Meeting: Our youth meeting is now taking place on Friday night. We prayed for God to give us more young people, and we met a new young man named Taylor on Saturday. He played football with us and we hope that we can get a chance to share the gospel with him.
- Sunday Morning Services: Sunday, we started our Sunday school for children and Bible fellowships for adults in addition to our morning service. We had a good number out and are encouraged with those who are committed to the church at this early stage.
Things to pray for:
- Souls to be saved and lives changed by the gospel.
- Young men that we can disciple and train for the ministry
- Those who have visited with us recently.
- Special financial needs for the church plant
- Building dedication Sunday on 15 March
- Temporary support for James Wilson as he seeks to go full-time at Northwest Baptist. (One church committed to give $200/mon in 2015, $100/mon in 2016, and $50/mon in 2017!)
- How Language Learning Glorified God – great article by my friend Jack Taube missionary to the Chinese
- Interview with Missionary Pete Knickerbocker – encouraging news about the work in France
- 12 reasons why church leaders don’t delegate – helpful article by Chuck Lawless
- London Vision Tour 2015 – register soon if you want to join us this summer!