We had a great weekend dedicating our new building to the Lord’s work. Several friends from other good churches in the area joined us, which was encouraging. Below are a few photos from the weekend.
(Clockwise from top left: 1) Thanksgiving service, 2) Jamie Stewart sharing about history of the LCM work at Churchdown, 3) Picture of new church sign that went up this week, 4) Pastors who attended – Brian Clark, Wes McNabb, Tarl Reeves, Jamie Stewart (apologies to Jonathan Gravel for not taking photo before he left))
Many people and churches have given special gifts to help with our initial costs, and we are so thankful that almost all of those needs and some unexpected ones have been met.
- Temple Christian School (Mansfield, OH) kindergarten class gave $600 toward a CCTV system for security and to allow the ladies and children in the creche to watch the service.
- Calvary Baptist Church (Ashland, OH) and Hickory Valley Baptist Church (Friendsville, TN) each gave $500 which will cover the cost of printing and posting out hopefully about 20,000 invitations for Easter.
- The only real financial need we have lacking is for a projector and some additional audio equipment. We are trying to raise about $750/£500 for that.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support.
Things to pray for:
- Souls to be saved and lives changed by the gospel
- Young men that we can disciple and train for the ministry
- Special financial needs for the church plant
- Easter outreach and services on 6 April
- Temporary support for James Wilson as he seeks to go full-time at Northwest Baptist.
- Future Missionaries – I enjoyed watching this video about some young people are planning to be missionaries.
- 41K in 4 months – My friend Jason Holt is trying to raise $41,000 to buy some land for a church that was planted in Chile.
- Help buy more land in Chile – Missionary to Chile, Jason Kenny, is trying to raise money to buy land for a church he planted in Chile as well.
- Celebration Sunday in Review – Our home church, Vision Baptist, had their 9th anniversary this past Sunday. You can read about the day and all God’s blessings on the church.