With the holidays over and the winter weather, we have certainly experienced things slowing down with some of our regulars not coming as much and less visitors. But that is to be expected this time of year.
We have started back up our Saturday youth ministry, and it is encouraging to see Josh, Joel, and Samuel coming out every week and learning about the Bible. They recently helped with the Scripture reading in the church service, which I hope encouraged them and the church.
Just this past Saturday, we finished distributing gospel literature to every one of the 23,000 homes in our target area. It took us about 4 months to do it. We will try to get gospel literature to every home in the larger area twice a year.
We are planning to go back now and knock as many of the doors in the local area. Please pray for good conversations, open doors, and fruit that will remain.
We have confirmation from the London City Mission that we can begin using their building for the church starting on 6 February. Our first service will be Sunday night, 8 February! We are very excited about this and praising God for opening this door.
Things to pray for:
- Souls saved and lives changed by the truth
- Our colabourers, Chris and Sherry Waye
- First service in the new building at 60 Churchdown, BR1 5PQ on 6 February
- Sunday morning service beginning on 22 February
- £500/$800 per month for 36 months to temporarily support James Wilson as he seeks to go full-time at Northwest Baptist
- Young men that we can disciple and train for the ministry
- The Asia Circle: Learn about and pray for labourers for this part of the world with 3.9 billion people and great gospel need.
- Interview with Alan Campbell: Alan is a good friend of mine serving in the North of England. He tells about the needs and opportunities there.
- Teamwork: Great article by Mark Tolson on the the importance of teamwork and how to make it work.
- Lessons from Church Planting in Atlanta: First of 5 articles by Beau Carpenter about what he has learned since starting a church in Atlanta, GA.