I read this today on the Sonshine Bulletin and thought it was quite humorous.
YOU KNOW YOU’RE A MISSIONARY KID WHEN…
- You can’t answer the question, “Where are you from?”
- You have a passport, but no driver’s license.
- You watch National Geographic specials and recognize someone.
- You have a time zone map next to your telephone.
- You have friends from or in 29 different countries.
- You do your devotions in another language.
- You are grateful for the speed and efficiency of any postal service.
- You wince when people mispronounce foreign words.
- You realize what a small world it is, after all.
- After a couple of years in one spot you’re ready to move again.
- You are afraid to ask what you’re eating, but munch away with a smile on your face.