Pray for the British Isles
It should be come as no surprise since I am a missionary to the British Isles of Ireland and the United Kingdom that I am seriously concerned about the condition of Ireland and the UK. God has sent alot of good men to work in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. I have recently met several new pastors/missionaries for whom I have tremendous respect.
Despite all the good work that has gone on, we are still in great need here. One missionary told me that he knew of 22 missionaries in England leaving for the States, and I have heard of others who are returning to the States. I know that many factors affect these decisions, such as new tax laws in Great Britain, problems with visas in the Republic of Ireland, the high cost of living, obstacles to the ministry, as well as God’s leading, so I am in no way criticising these men. I am concerned, however, that we don’t seem to be gaining ground in our efforts to reach the British Isles but rather we seem to be losing ground.
Please pray for the following:
- God to raise up labourers for the harvest fields here, especially among the larger cities. You can find a list of the 12 major regions in the British Isles and the largest cities on our website here.
- Encouragement for those men and women who are currently working here to plant churches, win souls, train leaders, and sow the seed.
- Young men who will surrender to the ministry and lead in the churches here.
- Missionaries/pastors to do what it takes to train others who will train others.
- Financial provision to do the work and the ministry.
- Families of missionaries and pastors to be encouraged.
Thank you so much for your continued prayers. If you would like to find out more how you can be involved, then let us know.