Our children with their Snode cousins and grandparents.
It has been over a month since I sent out a Furlough Update. Sorry about the inconsistency, but while we are travelling in America it is a bit more difficult to provide regular updates because we are in different places every week and often lack Internet access.
Here is a quick snapshot of what we have been up to over the last 5 weeks:
- October 7-10 – Missions conference at Harvest Baptist in Natrona Heights, PA
- October 14 AM – Harmony Hill Baptist in New Matamoras, OH (The pastor of this church is Curt Smith, my youth pastor from high school.)
- October 14 PM – North Columbus Baptist in Columbus, OH (The pastor of this church is Dan Wolvin, who I know from summer mission outreach in high school. He taught me how to leads souls to Christ in a class when I was about 13 years old.)
- October 15-16 – Met up with our missionary friends Aaron and Jillian.
- October 17-19 – Missions conference at Carrollton Baptist in Carrollton, OH (This is the the church where I attended in high school/college and where my parents go.)
- October 20 – Teri and I drove to NC
- October 21 AM – Temple Baptist in Lenoir, NC (The pastor of this church is Joel Bixler, a good friend from Bible college.)
- October 21 PM – Cherry Grove Baptist in Moravian Falls, NC (This church has been faithfully supporting us from about 9 years.)
- October 22 – Teri and I drove to OH, picked up our children from my parents and then went to a meeting at Community Baptist in Akron, OH.
- October 23 – Drove to Lenoir City, TN and stayed the night there.
- October 24 – Met up with Tiffany Kahler, who interned with us this past summer in Northern Ireland. Also met with the man who manages our retirement fund.
- October 24 PM – Missions conference at Newton Baptist Church in Covington, GA (This church is pastored by Tony Howeth, a very good friend in the ministry.)
- October 25 – Taught class on Deputation at the Our Generation Training Center in Alpharetta, GA and went to church at Vision Baptist.
- October 26 AM – Attended missionary class at the OGTC
- October 26-28 – Missions conference at Forrest Hills Baptist Church in Snellville, GA (This is the church where Teri grew up and the church that sent a team over to help us in 2010.)
- October 29-30 – Attended a conference on the local church with staff of Vision Baptist
- October 30-31 – Drove 12 hours to PA
- October 31-November 4 – Preached a missions conference at Fellowship Baptist Church in Mount Joy, PA for Pastor Jonathan Bixler, a good friend from Bible college.
- November 6 – Taught chapel at Carroll County Christian Academy and had dentist appointments.
- November 7 – First Baptist Church in West Union, OH (This church took us on as their first missionaries about 10 years ago and has been supporting us ever since.)
- November 8 – Creation Museum in KY with our friends Chris and Sherry Waye who are coming to the UK to help us as missionaries.
- November 9-10 – Spent time with the Wayes and attended the men’s conference at Mansfield Baptist Temple in Mansfield, OH
- November 11 AM – Calvary Baptist in Ashland, OH (A very faithful supporting church for many years)
- November 11 PM – Mount Vernon Baptist in Howard, OH (Another faithful supporting church, pastored by a good friend Bill Fennell who taught me how to put together my first sermon in high school.)
- November 14 – Slippery Rock Baptist in Slippery Rock, OH
- November 16-18 – Lifeway Baptist in Cranberry Twp, PA (This was the first missions conference at the church started by my younger brother Nathan!)
- November 18 PM – Attended service at North Pointe Baptist Church where my brother Harley Pastors in Wooster, OH. Got to hear his father-in-law and my former pastor Moses Yoder preach!
As you can see, it has been very busy. We have enjoyed going to our supporting churches and seeing how God has been blessing them. We have enjoyed getting spend time with my family up in the North. We have have been greatly blessed by all the churches and individuals that we have met along the way.
You can view our schedule for the next few months here. Thank you for your continued prayers for us. We definitely need the Lord’s protection and strength for every day.
- Safety as we have travelled
- Good time with family and friends
- Excellent meetings at the churches we have attended
- God’s provision of a new building for the church in Derry
- For Sam and the church as they continue on for the Lord in the days ahead.
- For God to help us raise additional support as we are in the States.
- For God to raise up labourers who will go to the mission field
- For the Our Generation Summit coming on December 31 – January 2