May Prayer Letter
Dear Pastors and Praying Friends,
As we look back at what God has been doing recently, we stand in awe at His greatness. Recently, we have seen the Lord work mightily through special services, personal evangelism, discipleship, and youth work.
On March 17-22, Tony Howeth preached our Gospel Mission (Spring Revival). God really blessed through his preaching to move both churches forward for the Lord.
On April 1, the gospel tract mail-outs to every home in the Republic of Ireland commenced. At this point, the 13 independent Baptist churches across the North and South of Ireland who worked together on the outreach have had 60 people contact them with 5 professions of faith!
In April, two people (Fiona & Brittany) made professions of faith in Christ. Please pray for them as they prepare to follow the Lord in believer’s baptism soon.
On April 26, we had a special baptism service. The congregations from Derry and Limavady combined for this special service. God blessed with 57 people in attendance and Andrew Owens and Megan Laverty followed the Lord in believer’s baptism.
Other special events we have had are: Community Appreciation Day, Film Nights, Youth Meetings, and Bible Messages on topics such as “The Real St. Patrick.” We are currently preaching through the book of Acts on Sundays, and it has been a real challenge to all of us to get back to New Testament Christianity.
I want to say a special “Thank You” to some special people who helped us recently:
- Travis Lyon from Maryland who visited with us for a week and helped with work painting at the church as well as building a deck in the back yard of our home.
- The elementary students of Temple Christian School in Mansfield, OH for the $1100 they gave us to help with the cost of a church van.
Please be in prayer for the following:
- The Student Leadership Camp in June 2009.
- “Permanent Residency” in the UK as we apply on June 1, 2009.
- God’s blessings on our youth revival on June 15-17, 2009.
- Health for Teri and the baby as our third child is due on July 16, 2009.
- Approval to be a “Sponsor” church in the UK for future missionaries.
- God to call young men into the ministry.
- Students to come to our training centre in the fall.
Yours for world evangelism,
Travis, Teri, Grant, and Darci Snode