Tuesday through Thursday morning, our team was out in the community putting leaflets through letterboxes. We also went out as a church on Saturday to pass out leaflets. In total, we were able to get out about 3500 invitations this past week. God has been blessing our outreach efforts, as most of our visitors at this stage have come from receiving the invitations.
On Friday, I was able to help out with a market stall on Bromley High Street which is where many of the people who live in Downham might shop. The stall is hosted by Hayes Lane Baptist Church in Bromley, a church that has encouraged us in our work in Downham. It was nice to chat with people who came by the stall for literature.
Two single people in their 20s visited us on Sunday evening. One was a young who stayed after for a while and asked lots of questions. The other was a young lady who has travelled around alot, but just received our invitation the Saturday before.
Please pray for the following upcoming events and requests:
- Sunday, 26 October – Youth Fellowship after Sunday service
- Saturday, 1 November – First weekly youth meeting for teens and twenties
- Sunday, 2 November – Church Fellowship and Food
- Tuesday, 4 November – Guest Preacher: Ryan Strother
- Tuesday, 18 November, 2.30pm – Meeting with London City Mission about arrangements to use the Churchdown Centre in Downham
- Tuesday, 18 November – Guest Preacher: Martin Wickens
Things to pray for:
- Wisdom as we seek to disciple and train the folks that God is sending us.
- Young men that we can mentor and train for ministry and leadership.
- Provision of finances for the new church plant.
- Details of our arrangements with London City Mission to use one of their vacant buildings for the church
- Our fellow-labourers: Chris and Sherry Waye and Jessica Wachter.
- Blessings on our first youth meeting starting on Saturday, 1 November.