Book Review: Planting Growing Churches by Aubrey Malphurs
One of the most thorough books on church planting I have ever read is Aubrey Malphurs book Planting Growing Churches.
Reasons why I like his book:
- It gives a comprehensive look at the church planting process from the preparation stage to the reproduction stage of another church.
- It has a good balance of general principles that could apply to all church-plants and specific applications that help to explain how these principles are lived out.
- It places a big emphasis on preparation and character which are essential for the sustained growth and maturity of the church plant.
- It looks at ways to grow and mature the launched church.
- The goal of church planting is not just to get big but to plant other churches.
- There is a wealth of material in the 150 pages of appendixes to help with specific aspects of church-planting.
If you are a pastor, a church-planter, or the member of a church, you need to read this book and ask God what He would have you do to help churches grow, mature, and reproduce!
Review Questions for Planting Growing Churches for the 21st Century by Aubrey Maphurs
Read more book reviews at bcwe.org.