‘That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.’ — Ephesians 2:7
Most things in life are not free, so the concept of grace can be difficult to accept. But Ephesians 2 emphasises the gracious work of God in many ways. As we realise that everything about salvation is a result of God’s grace, it will cause us to give God the glory He deserves.
Notice the grace of God in this chapter:
- We were hopelessly lost and dead in trespasses and sins (v.1-3).
- But God who is rich in mercy loved us with great love (v.4).
- God quickened us together with Christ (v.5).
- God raised us up and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ (v.6).
- God did this to show the exceeding riches of His grace in kindness toward us (v.7).
- By grace we are saved; it is not of ourselves (v.8).
- It is not of our works (v.9).
- We are His workmanship (v.10).
- We are made nigh by the blood of Christ (v.13).
There is much more that could be talked about that God does for us. But all of it is freely given to us through Christ.
God is generous and kind. God is very, very generous and kind. God gives and gives and gives. All of His gifts and kindness in salvation come through Christ. Those who believe on Christ receive so many blessings.
May we just revel in God’s grace and may we live out His grace. May we praise Him and may we work for Him. What amazing grace! Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!