‘God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;’ — Hebrews 1:1–2
Hebrews chapter one is a fascinating passage of Scripture that exalts the person of Christ, the Son of God. In this chapter, we learn that Jesus Christ…
- Is the way that God has spoken to us in these last days (v.2)
- Is the Heir of all things (v.2)
- Is the Creator of the worlds (v.2)
- Is the brightness of God’s glory (v.3)
- Is the express image of God’s person (v.3)
- Is the One who upholds all things by the word of His power (v.3)
- Is the One who singlehandedly purged our sin (v.3)
- Is sitting on the right hand of the Majesty on high (v.3)
- Has a more excellent name than they angels (v.4)
- Is worthy to be worshipped by the angels of God (v.6)
- Is God whose throne is forever and ever (v.8)
- Reigns with righteousness (v.8-9)
- Will remain after the heavens and earth perish (v.10-11)
- Will have all His enemies subdued under Him (v.13-14)
What an impressive list! Jesus Christ, God’s Son is above all and worthy of all worship and praise!
If you have any doubts about His character, His identity, and His deity, this chapter surely establishes how great Jesus is.
May we worship and praise and honour Jesus, the eternal Son of God!