Serve the Lord…with gladness! The spirit of this Psalm is one of joy, singing, and gladness. We are challenged to come into God’s presence, to worship Him, and to serve Him with a glad heart.
The reasons we should be so joyful in our worship of the Lord is because…
- He is God (v.3).
- He has made us; we have not made ourselves (v.3).
- We are His people; the sheep of His pasture (v.3).
- He is good (v.5).
- His mercy is everlasting (v.5).
- His truth endures to all generations (v.5).
With all that in mind, how can we
- make a joyful noise,
- serve the Lord with gladness,
- come before His presence with singing,
- enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise,
- be thankful unto Him, and
- bless His name?
As we gather as bodies of believers, as we serve the Lord in our various capacities, may we do so with gladness today!