Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about the building fund for Northwest Baptist Church. Thank you for praying that God will provide. We currently have $58,548 of the $150,000 needed!
Q. Why are you trying to buy a building?
We know that the Bible teaches that a building is not a church. But we also realise that a building is a great tool for a church to use for worship, discipleship, and outreach. Since 2008, Northwest Baptist Church has used various rented facilities including hotel meeting rooms, houses, office space, and community centres. Owning a church building would enable the church to have a more permanent home from which to evangelise and reach out to the community. It would also save the financial expenses of paying rent each month – those moneys could then go toward a pastor’s salary and evangelistic outreach.
Q. What type of building are you trying to purchase?
Here are some of the things we are looking for in the type of building we hope to purchase:
- Located on the cityside of Derry/Londonderry (BT48 postcode) reaching out to the 75,000+ people there without any Baptist church
- Around 1500-2000 square feet
- A ground floor meeting room that will hold about 40-50 people
- A ground floor toilet and sink/kitchen space
- At least one or two other rooms for office and Sunday school space
- Places for cars to park nearby
- In a fairly accessible and safe area where people from all backgrounds might feel comfortable attending
- Possibly a space for accommodation for the pastor to live on-site