Dear Pastors & Praying Friends,
Last week, we finished our third term of Bible institute. Our last class was taught by Pastor Bill Edwards from Gospel Baptist Church in Greenville, Ohio. He was here for a week with a team from their church visiting and serving in the ministry. We had a great time with them. The highlight of the week was our Community BBQ (Cookout) which over 150 people attended, including many new people from the community! Please pray for the gospel seeds that were planted.
Other things that taken place since our last update are as follows:
- We had our annual missions conference in May with David Velasquez from Spain preaching. Our missions giving is steadily increasing along with general giving in the church. And people in our church are often trying to reach out to friends, family, and neighbours with the gospel.
- We finally purchased 80 new chairs to replace the eclectic collection of chairs we were using and to provide us with more seating in the church. Thanks to those who helped with this project!
- We had an End Times Seminar on July 2nd with Pastor David Moore from Milton Baptist Church in Stoke-on-Trent speaking for us. It was very helpful to show what the Bible teaches about end times events.
- Unfortunately, a few of those who have professed faith in Christ recently or have shown interest in spiritual things have drifted away. We pray that God will continue to work in their lives and bring them to Himself.
- We are grateful that more people are growing in their commitment to the church and getting more involved in the church ministries. Please pray as we prepare to constitute the church in September (16-17th).
Several tragic events have taken place in the UK since I last wrote, including terrorist attacks at a concert in Manchester and on London bridge, as well as a fire that took the lives of at least 80 people and injured over 70!
These tragedies serve to highlight the fact that, in one way or another, close to 1400 people die in the the UK every day! If the statistics are right, then around 95% of these people die without knowing Christ! The time is short, and we need to do all we can to proclaim the good news about Jesus! Thank you for making it possible for us to be here to do just that.
– Travis & Teri Snode
BUILDING FUND PROJECT – for Northwest Baptist Church
GOAL: $150,000 | GIVEN: $58,248 | REMAINING: $91,752
In 2008, we started Northwest Baptist in Derry/Londonderry, N Ireland. As a final step toward the church becoming fully indigenous, we are trying to help the church purchase their own building.
God has blessed the church with a good core of people and a local pastor, James Wilson. But there is much work to be done, and it is crucial that the church have a permanent base from which to keep preaching the gospel in such a needy part of the world!
Though we have not yet found the right building, we are confident that God will open a door in His time. While we continue the building search, we are working to raise the remaining funds, and we need your help! Will you pray about giving a donation to help establish a permanent gospel witness in northwest Ireland?
Donations can be made online or sent to the following address: MWBM, PO Box 519, Braselton, GA 30517 (Memo: “Snode – Building Fund”).