Ministry Update (25/11/13)
- Last week, I was able to research and survey 5 more boroughs of London: Southwark, Lewisham, Bromley, Greenwich, Bexley. You can clink the link to each borough to read my report on them.
- My goal is to finish surveying all the London boroughs by the end of the year. During this time, we are praying God will guide us to where He would have us plant our first church and to open doors for us. Hopefully, the research will also be a help to other church-planters that God raises up to plant churches in this city.
- The more I learn about London, the more I am amazed at how big it is. Each borough could be a large city in its own right with the smallest borough having 160,000 people and the largest having 360,000.
- The need is very great here in London, but what is even more concerning is to think about other cities around the world, in places like China or India, that are just as large but have far fewer churches. It is our desire that God would somehow use what happens here in London to have an impact on the world.
- This weekend, we were out at Brimpton Baptist Church again. I enjoyed preaching on “A Tried and Tested Faith” (Hebrews 11:17-22) and “The Choices of Faith” (Hebrews 11:23-28). It was also a blessing to spend time with our friends, Pastor Martin and Carrie Wickens. They have been such a blessing to us over the years and are a real help in learning about English culture and history.
- This week, I am hoping to survey 6 more boroughs. We also plan to celebrate Thanksgiving with some friends at our house on Thursday.