Ministry Update (11/11/13)
- Last Monday through Thursday, Pastor James Wilson and I attended a conference for church leaders in Norwich. We both really enjoyed the conference and learned some helpful things. We met many kind church leaders from across the country. Though we would probably not agree with them on everything, it was encouraged to hear of people being faithful to preach the gospel and teach God’s Word despite the challenges.
- The best part of the conference for me was getting to spend several days with James talking about evangelism, preaching, and ministry. It was good to hear from him how things are going in Northern Ireland and at Northwest Baptist Church. He is really doing a great job, has a real heart for the people, and a real vision for the entire region of northwest Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- If you would like to sign up to get email updates and prayer requests from James about the work in Derry/Londonderry, you can contact him at email@example.com.
- On Thursday, James and I were able to meet up the pastor who was used by God to lead James to Christ over twenty years ago. Pastor Frank Thompson and his wife moved to England to work at a church in Corby many years ago. While there, they led James and many members of his family to Christ. James and his family eventually moved back to Ireland, and now many of them attend Northwest Baptist in Derry.
- I think it was a real blessing to the Thompsons to see James after twenty years and hear how God is using him as a pastor. It was an encouragement to me to meet faithful servants of the Lord. I was challenged faithful to sow seeds now that will bring forth fruit in years to come.
- Sunday, I was privileged to preach all day at Brimpton Baptist Church for my friend Pastor Martin Wickens. I preached three messages from Hebrews. It was great to see three young people follow the Lord in believers baptism in the morning service. Please pray for several unsaved folks who were in attendance for the special service. Also, please pray for the work at Brimpton Baptist and the surrounding regions.