Pray for London
I am here in London with John Anderson working on some projects and preaching a men’s meeting on tomorrow for him. This is not my first time to come to this great city, but my heart has definitely been stirred once again with the need here. I would like to ask you to pray for the Andersons and for the city of London.
Why pray for London?
- It is a huge city with nearly 12 million people in the Greater London area that are dying and going to Hell.
- Less than 3% of the population go to any kind of church on a regular basis.
- Millions of people from other countries who have come here can be reached for Christ.
- It is a very strategic city that influences the UK, Ireland, Europe, and the World.
- There has only about five independent Baptist missionaries in the whole city.
How to pray for London?
- Pray for the churches, pastors, and missionaries who are already here trying to reach these people for Christ.
- Pray for God to raise up labourers to work with the different nationalities and to start churches in the 32 boroughs of London.
- Pray for God to provide financially for the work in London. It is an extremely expensive place to live. To give you idea of how much, it costs 1500 pounds ($2400)/month to rent a three bedroom house, not including $500/month for council tax, and then utilities, insurance, etc. It can cost as much as $5000/month just to eat and live in London.
- Pray for wisdom to work with the different nationalities, cultures, and religions that are all combined in this great city.
The Boroughs of London