This picture is of Teri, our kids, and my mother with Mrs. Shankel. Mrs. Shankel goes to the Carrollton Baptist Temple in Carrollton, OH. She is one of our prayer warriors, and we were privileged to visit with her last week! I am so honored by people this who pray for us regularly.
Here is a brief update on how things have been going for us while on furlough:
- At the beginning of last week, we were in Eaton, OH, staying at the mission house at First Baptist Church. We had great time with the Stensaas family, whom we know from our time in Bible college. Also it was great to be able to preach and present the ministry there on Wednesday night. On Thursday, we drove over to Eastern, OH to stay with my parents. We enjoyed spending some time with them. As our time winds down to return to the field, we are cherishing every opportunity we get to see our families.
- On Sunday, we went to Crusade Baptist Church in Copley, OH. They have been very faithful supporters, and it was great to be a part of their missions month. Sunday night, we were in New Philadelphia, OH at Calvary Baptist Church. It was great to present our work, and then to stay after for their family film night.
- Yesterday, we drove to Urbana, OH to be a part of a misions conference at my brother in law’s church, Aaron Samples. We will be here through Wednesday, and then in Lancaster, OH Thursday through Sunday.
- Good meetings and opportunities to present our ministry and the need.
- Safety as we have travelled.
- Opportunities to visit with our families.
- For the youth camp and evangelistic meeting coming up this summer at Northwest Baptist Church in Derry.
- For God to help us raise an additional 18% of our support as we are in the States.
- For God to raise up labourers who will go to the mission field.
- For God to open doors for us in London.
- For God’s blessings on our meetings.