Merry Christmas to you! Thank you for your faithful prayers and support for our family over this past year.
Other than the City of Westminster, we have finished our initial surveys of the 32 London boroughs.
Click here to read about all the boroughs and view a map with 42 areas in London of 50,000 or more people needing a gospel-preaching churches (see the blue pins).
We surveyed 6 more boroughs last week. Below are links to a full report along with a brief summary of our most recent surveys.
- Waltham Forest – 258,000 people, has fifth largest Muslim population in England, 4 gospel-preaching churches, 1 potential church plant area, a host borough of the 2012 summer Olympics
- Enfield – 312,000 people, a residential suburb with fast transport links into central London, 3 gospel-preaching churches, 3 potential church plant areas
- Wandsworth – 307,000 people, several gospel-preaching churches including several new church-plants, 23,000 people per square mile, location of the Fazi Mosque, headquarters of the Ahmadiyya (Pakistani) Muslim community
- Merton – 200,000 people, 3rd wealthiest borough, 2 gospel-preaching churches, 2 potential church plant areas, home of Wimbledon tennis tournament which attracts 200,000 visitors
- Kingston – 160,000 people, 2nd wealthiest borough, the site of the coronation of seven Anglo-Saxon monarchs in the 10th century, 3 gospel-preaching churches, has one of the biggest and most visited shopping areas outside central London, home to the highest number of South Koreans in Europe, 1 potential church plant area
- Lambeth – 303,000 people, 5 gospel-preaching churches, location of Waterloo station, the busiest station in the Western Hemisphere, 29,000 people per square mile, 1 potential church plant area
Several people asked me about my survey method, so I wrote up an article called “Surveying a City for the Purpose of Planting a New Church.”
- We had someone from the UK give us a special gift of £500 to use toward the new church plant.
- Fellowship Baptist Church in Eden, NC took us on for support last month. This puts our support level at 94%.
- For some specific direction for where we should plant our first church by 15 January 2014.
- For God to open doors for us for the gospel.
- For young men that we can mentor and train for the ministry.
- For Pastor James Wilson and Northwest Baptist Church in Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland.
- For the Chris Waye family as they prepare to come over and help us starting on 13 February 2014.
- For God’s provision for some unexpected financial needs that have come up recently.
- For labourers to come help us reach the continent of Europe with the gospel.
- For the Our Generation Summit coming up in January 1-3, 2014.