Snode Ministry Update – Oct 21, 2013
- I finished reading The Forgotten Spurgeon last week, which is an interesting look at the major theological battles Charles Spurgeon faced in his life as a pastor in London. It was challenging to read about his courage to stand by his convictions and his commitment to stand by the truth of the Word of God.
- With the help of another church-planter, I spend some time putting together plans and maps for taking people around central London. We often have visitors who will want to see the major sites in the city. Tomorrow, I will be taking a pastor and some teenagers from Washington around London during their long layover.
- On Wednesday, we finished putting together the first stage of our evangelistic website. The website is where people who receive our gospel tracts can go and sign up for Bible studies and get more information.
- Thursday and Friday, we enjoyed having Scott and Melissa Newton visit with us from Spain. They had to leave Spain for a few days for their daughters visa situation, so they came to see us. We are excited about how God is going to use them in Barcelona.
- On Saturday, we drove a couple hours to Berkshire to stay the night with Martin and Carrie Wickens. Pastor Martin invited me to preach at Brimpton Baptist Church all day on Sunday, which was a real joy. It was exciting to see how God is blessing and growing the church. The Wickens have been friends of ours for 7-8 years since we were both ministering in Northern Ireland.
- Sunday afternoon, I enjoyed skyping with Eric Humble and the junior church children at Mansfield Baptist Temple during their missions conference.
- This week, we are hoping to get out several times to pass out our new gospel tracts. Pray for souls to be saved and doors to open through this.
- Here is a link to a report from my recent survey of the Borough of Brent.