DERRY: Last week, I spent Monday through Friday in Ireland. The first three days, I was in Northern Ireland with Pastor James Wilson looking for buildings to buy for Northwest Baptist Church. We looked at a number of potential buildings and talked with a few planning consultants and architects. Please pray for the following regarding the building project:
- Wisdom to know the right type of building that would be suitable for a church. Most buildings would need to have change of use (zoning) for them to be used as a place of worship, so choosing the one that would be most likely to be approved with the least amount of cost is important.
- Direction as we search for a building that would be best for the church regarding location, size, and other details.
- Remaining finances for the building fund. We had another $250 sent by one of our supporting churches in Illinois last week! That brings the total amount given to $31,719 and the remaining amount we hope to raise to $43,281. More info and ways to give can be found here.
SLIGO: The last couple days of my trip, James and I visited with Josh and Annie Moore, church-planters who have recently moved to the Republic of Ireland. They just took over a church plant in Carrick-on-Shannon, and it is great to see what God is doing there. Please pray for them as they evangelise and make disciples there. We have known Josh and Annie for quite a few years now from their visits to us when we were in Ireland.
LONDON: The Lord continues to bless the work here in London.
- Last week, a lady from the Philippines believed on Christ! She is here helping one of the families in our church. She has attended the services with them, and last week professed faith in Christ. Please pray for her growth and God’s grace as her father also passed away in a car accident last week.
- Each week, Teri and I meet with several people for discipleship. Pray for wisdom as we continue to teach the Bible and encourage the folks here in their walk with Christ.
- More and more people are stepping up and getting involved in the work of the church. Please pray for us as we prepare for our mission conference next weekend and then for Jeff as he begins a children’s church during the Sunday morning service starting 15th May.
VISIT TO AMERICA: This summer, we are planning to take a brief trip back to America to see our families. It has been about three years since we have seen them, so we are very excited about this trip. We fly to America on 20th July. I return to the UK on 11th August with Teri and the children returning on 18th August. Unfortunately, we will not really have enough time to visit any of our supporting churches, but hopefully in another few years we can take a longer furlough. One prayer requests about this trip is for a vehicle to drive. Our trip will begin and end in Atlanta, Georgia, and we would need to drive about 3000 miles. If any of you know of a van that we could rent or borrow for that time, please let me know. Thank you so much.