A few months ago, a man in our church gave me a copy of Ordering Your Private World by George MacDonald. To be honest, I did not take much notice of it until a few weeks ago. As I began to read, I realised that the author had experienced many of the same things I experience:
- Frustration over not getting what is important done.
- Fatigue because there seems to be a never-ending list of things to do.
- Disillusionment because often the most important people in my life are often neglected because of all the urgent things that arise.
This book greatly helped me in so many ways, including the following:
- Realising that what I do must be based on God’s mission for my life.
- Understanding the cultivation of my private world is the best thing I can do for my public world.
- Learning practical ideas for how to schedule, plan, and organise my life around God’s plan for my life.
- Developing the ability to rest beyond just having leisure time.
I would encourage pastors, missionaries, leaders, and everyone to read this book. It will help you live a more ordered, purposeful, fulfilling life.