Observe How God Delivers and Praise Him for It – Ps 107
This is an amazing Psalm in which the Lord’s goodness and mercy is illustrated through how He delivers people who cry to Him in various situations. Those wandering in the wilderness (v.2-16), those who are ill (v.17-22) and those facing great storms on the seas (v.23-32) all come to the end of themselves, cry out to the Lord, and He brings them out of their distresses.
Not only does God intervene in these specific situations, but He is at work all around us all the time (v.33-41). God’s goodness, mercy, and salvation should cause us to give thanks, to praise the Lord and to talk about what He has done (v.1-2,8,15,21,31). It should also cause us to rejoice and to stop sinning (v.42). The goodness and mercy of the Lord is something we should observe around us and, as a result, grow in understanding and wisdom.
- How have we seen the Lord work for us?
- When have we cried to Him and seen Him deliver us out of all our distress?
- When have we seen Him work in the lives of others around us?
- Have we stopped to praise and to honor Him for what He has done and continues to do?
- Are we wisely observing the Lord’s works and growing in true understanding?
Psalm 107:8 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness
,Andfor his wonderful works to the children of men!